segunda-feira, 19 de abril de 2010

I'd like to make myself believe...

Such a great day! Everything fell oddly into place and what could've been just another day turned out to be a very good one indeed.

Usually, on such a good day, I'm not one to spend it writing and dwelling on thoughts of past, present, future. Today, however, I write about taking chances, grabbing opportunities when they present themselves. I'm more and more becoming the person I want to be. I'm happy, I really am. I always had everything I needed to do whatever the hell I wanted, and yet fear, awkwardness, sheer stupidity, always prevented me from acting, from being more proactive about what I wanted in life, instead of simply hoping and dreaming for everything to be perfect while I drifted through life wondering what was next.

I don't yet know exactly what this change (albeit, gradual and slow) actually means. But so far, I do feel very confortable being who I am. Truth be told, I am who I am and will always be. Also, I'll always question the meaning of life, of everything. I just have to become someone I can live with. And I actually think I'm succeeding! :)

I find myself shooting first and asking questions later, so to speak... or, more literally, acting first, (over)thinking later, and it's quite a nice change of pace.

Last, but not least, I find myself taking chances on people... and as much as I distrust them naturally, I feel like no one can really hurt me.

Have I told you what a good day it was? :)



"Everything is never as it seems..." :)

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

"I always had everything I needed to do whatever the hell I wanted, and yet fear, awkwardness, sheer stupidity, always prevented me from acting..."

According to some known words, "don't worry, be happy"!

And that's the key!!