domingo, 5 de setembro de 2010

Nobody's fool.


It's amazing to see how things that took forever to build can crumble to the ground in an instant. It's not surprising, though. I'm kind of used to not being shown the same respect I've always tried to show everyone else. But there's always someone you don't expect would do that to you.

Truth is, this is a fucked up world. Common decency no longer applies. It's about how much fucked up you can be, the more, the better. People don't want to be with someone good, they want to be with someone dangerous, so to say. Feelings don't apply, as well. It's much simpler living for the now, for the immediate pleasure and fun, than worry about the future, or where it'll lead you. Nobody really cares if they trample everyone around them on the way. Friendship isn't what it used to be, either. Friends are convenient relationships people build. When it suits them, it's fine. When it doesn't, there's no real problem in throwing it away, like the disposable thing people perceive it to be nowadays.




As for me, I still fall to the illusion that things can be different, from time to time. They can't. I won't change the world around me on my own. They say that if you can't beat them, join them. I won't do that either. I'll do you one better, though:


I'll prove that I'm better than most.

Sem comentários: