quinta-feira, 1 de julho de 2010

We all fall short of glory.

I haven't had a lot of easy days lately. Marcel Pagnol once wrote:

"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be."


I couldn't agree more. We tend to cling on to things of the past, suffer in the present and tend to be afraid of the future. I'm tormented. Not by things of the past, but by my inability to always be strong, to always be positive. Truth is, I miss something.

When all else failed, my friends were there to pick me up. It was like that for years. Now, not so much. The very few people I can actually count on, really have more to worry about than about my well-being. All my other friends are long gone. And even though I feel people care for me and more and more people come into my life, I can't help but feel lonelier than ever before. Worse even, I don't feel a thing... and haven't felt anything in a long, long time.

Life is indeed funny. When we think we don't need anyone, it finds a way to tell us that indeed we do. I have no doubt that I will carry on forward either way, but it keeps getting harder to think clearly.



Here's hoping for a relaxing weekend! *

Sem comentários: