domingo, 19 de outubro de 2008

So what did you think I'd say?


I'm at a place and time in my life where I can safely say I've felt almost everything I could've felt by now. This weekend was a small display of such a wide range of emotions, all crammed into two otherwise ordinary days. I cried, I laughed, I had my fair share of sadness, I had my fun. Above all else, I grew. Hard to explain how, but I felt real change in me, in the way I deal with the things that concern me the most. Strangely, I felt valued, I felt people cared for me, I realized I'm not that horrible person I always think I am. In a weird way, the past couple of days lifted me up, instead of tearing me down like they were supposed to.

Yes, I'm not out of the woods, yet. But I am longing for this next week. I actually feel good about it, I'm really, really hopeful I can pick up the pieces that were shattered last week and put it all together again. I really want to, I really believe I can do it.

I know what I want. For once in a long time, I'm not letting my fear take the wheel and drive me into a corner. I know what I want to do, even if I don't know if it'll be possible to achieve. I'm aware of the possibilities, the harsh realities I may yet have to face, but I'm not running away.

Life may be unfair, but I'm actually hoping it will be unfair in my favour this week... here's hoping!

Sem comentários: