quinta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2010

Victims of ourselves.

This hasn't been my easiest week, by far. Still, as it's about to end, I can't help but feel oddly... okay, for lack of a better word. Sure, my attention has been somewhat divided between my studies and my personal woes (actually tilting heavily to the latter), but I feel I *might* do ok on my test. I have the skills and I don't actually fear the competition or how hard it can be. My fear, as usual, isn't about the things themselves, but about what may result from it, as I'm always, always, one step ahead of the curve.

So, in a few words, my week was all about my impending doom due to having feelings, for a change, *and* my imminent failure in the test that would heavily influence my future.

It took me a whole week to figure it out... but neither situation will be the end of me. Sure, it may trouble me to no end, feeling something for someone who doesn't necessarily feel the same way about me, and not exactly knowing what it is I feel. And yes, I don't really have much of an option except doing well on my test. But what the hell... I can't overthink everything. What will happen, will happen... and I may try and change the outcome, but I can't really control everything that is about to happen. I really can't know what will happen a month, a week, days from now. I should hope for the best and prepare for the worst. And the worst isn't anything I haven't lived before.

2 comentários:

luis nuno barbosa disse...

"I should hope for the best and prepare for the worst." with this you said everything! you really are overthinking - live instead of thinking, shall you?

Anónimo disse...

Well I'm not much of a religious person but a friend said to me, not that long ago, that if you want to see God laugh tell Him about your plans... ;-)
You can't live your life depending on one or two events! Like a song I've been listening lately, "Every little piece in your life will add up to one"
Cheers and take it easy ;-)